The Town of Fox Creek and the land surrounding the town are part of the MD of Greenview. Greenview spans more than 32,000 km2 and offers an array of rivers, lakes, mountain peaks, and prairie meadows. Our extraordinary range of landscape and untamed wilderness promises an abundance of year-round adventures for outdoor and recreational enthusiasts. Greenview is a diverse business environment offering opportunities for agriculture, oil and gas, small business and outdoor adventure businesses. Our communities many opportunities for families to live rurally or in small towns and we have strong recreation and wifi based community options.
Greenview is a raw and rugged region boasting:
- Over 2,700 km of trails for hiking, biking, horseback riding, quadding, and snowmobiling
- Gateway to the Willmore Wilderness Park – 4,500 km2 of pristine mountain wilderness
- Extraordinary waterfalls, including Alberta’s largest waterfall – Kakwa Falls
- 30+ campgrounds, 17 day-use areas and numerous Provincial Parks
- Fishing and Hunting
- 5 golf courses
- Labyrinth Park
- Nitehawk Adventure Park
- Tourism & Heritage Centres
- Home of the Canadian Death Race and other community events
The Grande Cache, Fox Creek, Valleyview and almost all of Greenview’s many communities offers spectacular panoramic vistas of the Canadian Rockies. This quiet, yet amazing place offers endless opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast to enjoy mountain peaks, white water and lakes, horseback riding, hiking, mountain biking, hunting, camping, and more.
Throughout the north and east areas of the region, you will find a network of trails and wilderness perfect for hiking, all-terrain vehicles and snowmobiling, fishing, hunting, camping and down-hill skiing. Our diverse landscape is also ripe with agritourism in the Valleyview area. (Much of this was written by the MD of Greenview. For more information see their website.)